Historic monasteries and castles, beautiful natural landscapes and delicious wines... discover the delights of the Ribeira Sacra on this day trip from Santiago de Compostela.
Ribeira Sacra Day Trip
We'll leave Santiago at 8:30 am and head north to the province of Orense, where our guided tour through the Ribeira Sacra will begin. The name of this region, which means Sacred Riverbank, comes from the Middle Ages when many monasteries were scattered across the slopes of these rugged landscapes.
On arrival, we'll board a catamaran that will take us through the River Sil canyons. For an hour and a half, we'll enjoy the characteristic landscape of the area, and see the enormous walls that rise up to almost 500 meters high. During the cruise, you'll have the opportunity to sample some traditional wine.
Then we'll disembark the catamaran and continue towards some of the viewpoints in the northern part of the Ribeira Sacra. After admiring these views, we'll visit the San Esteban de Ribas de Sil monastery. The monument is currently used as a Parador Nacional de Turismo, known as a luxury hotel located in a historic building, and still preserves several elements from the original building.
Our next stop will be Orense's historic centre, which holds importance in Galicia for its thermal baths. We'll walk through its cobbled streets and discover all the secrets of its famous bridges.
the day will end returning to Santiago at around 6:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 30.30
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of wines from the Ribeira Sacra.
When to book?
You can book up until 8 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Capela do Pilar Church.