Visit the beautiful ancient walled city of Tulum, built by the Maya people, and discover the surprising underground river of Rio Secreto on this full-day trip.
Tulum and Rio Secreto Day Trip
After picking you up from your hotel in Cancún, we'll set off for Tulum, ready to appreciate the Caribbean from the majestic Mayan archaeological site.
This walled city contains a great cultural heritage from the pre-hispanic period, including "The Castle" which for centuries served as a lighthouse for the boats navigating along the coast. And just around the corner we'll find the remains of the Tulum Grand Palace, one of the most important buildings in the area.
You'll also visit the Temple of the Frescoes, whose murals reveal important information about life in the Mayan age. They possessed a deep astronomical knowledge, proven by the Tulum astronomical observatory which was used for the study of these stars.
Having explored Tulum, we'll make our way to the natural grottoes of the Rio Secreto, an underground river which, as its name may suggest, is invisible at first glance, but once found houses spectacular collections of stalactites and stalagmites: an impressive natural monument.
The tour returns to your hotel in Cancún for around 5 pm.
Tour from Riviera Maya
This tour is also available leaving from Riviera Maya.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 64.50
Children under 4 years oldFree
Mexican AdultsUS$ 97
Mexican Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 48.50
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and transfer back to the hotel.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line entry to Tulum site.
Skip the line entry to Rio Secreto caves.
Helmet with torch.
Use of lockers.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.